Need a recommendation

I have one of these. It has worked on Sig, HK, Glock, 1911s and 2011s, and a Ruger mk1 so far.

Wheeler Engineering Armorer's Handgun Sight Tool with Heavy-Duty Construction and Reversible Assembly for Handguns, Gunsmithing and Maintenance https://a.co/d/hP4QJjN
That's the one I have. I haven't used it on anything but Glock's but it seems to work well. One day I might get new sights for the 1911 and try it on that.

Got it, so which one in you folks opinion would work best, with the most firearms?

The most universal
A brass drift set and an armors hammer. Careful use of such can be just as accurate and many times less of a hassle due to stiction of the sights dovetails and the resulting jump in position.

I have never understood the desire for such things when you will just find nice drifts on the work benches of many of the finest gunsmiths in the world.

Same goes for dremels/foredom tools when Swiss pillar files and riflers will give superior fit and finish with less chance of colossal screws ups for significantly less money.

What do you folks thing the best sight pusher is for ALL GUNS? If you were to buy just one for all your guns, which one would it be?

Is the purpose of your question to buy a sight pusher? Or is the purpose to get an idea of what works well and reverse engineer it in your shop for personal use?

I have one of these. It has worked on Sig, HK, Glock, 1911s and 2011s, and a Ruger mk1 so far.

Wheeler Engineering Armorer's Handgun Sight Tool with Heavy-Duty Construction and Reversible Assembly for Handguns, Gunsmithing and Maintenance https://a.co/d/hP4QJjN
I also have one these as Ken posted, I have used it to push some pretty tough sites on. And it seems to fit most things I have used it on pretty well.

I have been generally unhappy with the universal sight pushers that I've used in the past. On the flip side, I've owned MGW pushers for specific guns and they work extremely well. MGW now makes a universal pusher that I would try based upon my previous experience with their products if I wanted a universal. I have a range right behind my shop so I just put the gun in a vise with soft jaws and use a brass drift and hammer....make an adjustment, walk the 50 feet to my shooting bench, see what happens and repeat. If I had to drive to a range I'd probably be more interested in a universal.

Sight pushers only work on dovetails, so how about the pusher that works on the most dovetail sight pistols. That narrows it down.

Most sight pushers are china imports from what I've seen. Some are specific to Glocks or 1911s. Some have spacer blocks that are modular within an O-shaped frame. Some have one screw with a pusher, some have two screws, some are cludgy push-pull systems. All of them work to a greater or lesser extent.

I bought this one for its adjustability. Haven't found a pistol it doesn't work with yet, unless it's not a dovetailed sight. It doesn't take much, and you could make one easily with machine tools. For years before, I simply used a non-marring punch and held the slide in padded vise jaws. No need for rocket science for a bang-the-rocks-together type of operation.

Thank John.
I had no idea what a sight pusher was.
s-l500.jpg

Oh to still live in Montana :(

Back