Need a small Knurled knob and washer

EmilioG

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Need a small 5/8" dia. knurled knob and a thin 1/16" thk. steel washer.
I have drawings and dimensions. I don't have a knurler and I can't seem to make a thin washer.
I can supply metal, taps, drills, etc..
Knob can be brass or steel.

Need a small 5/8" dia. knurled knob and a thin 1/16" thk. steel washer.
I have drawings and dimensions. I don't have a knurler and I can't seem to make a thin washer.
I can supply metal, taps, drills, etc..
Knob can be brass or steel.
Emilio, do you have any photos of your attempts, if you post something so that we can see where you are going wrong, we may be able to guide you so that you can make things for yourself.

Not withstanding Ulma Doctors very generous offer to make the items for you. You should tryy to put this into a learning program for yourself. The more info you give us the more we can help, like explain what actually happened when you tried to make a thin washer? 1/16thy is not that thin. and should be relatively easy, so tell us what happened and you'll get some advise, help from the good people here.

I don't have constant access to a lathe. I'm able to use the one at work every once in a while and I'm trying to finish a finger plate I started last year.
I don't have a knurler either. Thanks

Last edited:
I don't have constant access to a lathe. I'm able to use the one at work every once in a while and I'm trying to finish a finger plate I started last year.
I don't have a knurler either. Thanks

Emilio, I appear to have miss-understood you, I apologise, it was my understanding that you had made an attempt to make the washer as you said "I can't seem to make a thin washer." By that statement I assumed that you had a lathe, and I was trying to figure out what went wrong. and therefore help. Now that I know that you don't have a lathe, then obvioulsy you will need someone to make it for you.

No worries Bob. It’s all good. I should have a lathe by next year. Hopefully I will be able to make parts for someone. I also don’t have a knurler.

Back