Need a steady rest for a South Bend 9C

Doc Hoy

Registered
Registered
The title says it all. I can tell you that the 9 inch steady rests sold new on eBay do not fit.

Pm me if you have one laying around.

The title says it all. I can tell you that the 9 inch steady rests sold new on eBay do not fit.

Pm me if you have one laying around.
This steady rest came in a box with the Atlas 10" I got a couple of years ago. I THINK it's actually for a SB 9". I added an adapter plate to make it fit the Atlas.

If this is a SB steady rest, and you know of a good deal on a steady for the Atlas 10", maybe we can both benefit from a trade. This steady works great, and the adapter is easily removed. The only alteration I made to the casting was to add 2 tapped holes to the bottom to affix the adapter plate.

Let me know if you're interested.

On the Atlas 10"

Last edited:
This steady rest came in a box with the Atlas 10" I got a couple of years ago. I THINK it's actually for a SB 9". I added an adapter plate to make it fit the Atlas.

If this is a SB steady rest, and you know of a good deal on a steady for the Atlas 10", maybe we can both benefit from a trade. This steady works great, and the adapter is easily removed. The only alteration I made to the casting was to add 2 tapped holes to the bottom to affix the adapter plate.

Let me know if you're interested.

On the Atlas 10"
View attachment 297520

View attachment 297521

View attachment 297522
Thanks very much for the response. I don't have access to an Atlas rest. What would you need in cash for the one in the photos?

Thanks for the response. I'll check the links. I have the mill now, so I can make one. There is a machine tool reseller about a hundred miles north of me. I have wanted to visit his shop since I moved to the area.

I'll keep an eye out for one for you.

Back