Need a Straight Edge?

Richard King

Bronze
Former Member
Hi Everyone,

Next week I will be teaching a class at Busch Precision in Milwaukee and they make Straight-edges as well as they are rebuilders. If anyone wants anything I can get a quote for you. I doubt they will be cheap, so if your looking for a cheap deal, don't waste my time.
Rich

Hi Richard

I would like to get a 24" long straight edge, they make the camelback style for spotting I assume. I do know what they cost new, but I am willing to pay $300.00.

Ray

Hi Richard

I just checked their web site and I going to look for something used on ebay or craigslist. Thanks for asking.

Ray

I checked with Busch management and here is what they have in Raw castings that will need to be machined:

1) 6630C 30" camel back with 45 angle $260.00 3 available
2) 3338C 36" camel back................ " " 340.00 4 available
3) 6648C 48" camel back............. " " 150.00 5 available On Clearance sale now (Really good deal)

You are getting a rough casting that has been stress relieved 1 time. Includes banding to skid and shrink wrapped. You pay for freight.

Rich

Why do these good deals happen when you are low on funds!:shrugs:

I bet you could send them a down payment to hold it. Or if you want it, I can buy it and take it home and you can pay me payments. I just hate screwing around with shipping it. I bet they take credit cards too. Those 48" are not a big seller for them. The Foreman said, the buyer could saw it in 1/2 and have 2 - 24"ers....

Ask for Bob Behnke he is the foreman I talked to. 414-362-7300

http://www.buschprecision.com/precision_tooling.cfm

Richard,
I'm interested in a 48inch Raw Cast. This is way ahead of where I am with scraping.
However, Connelly identifies that a good straight edge is foundational to success!
Would you consider picking up a 48inch for me?
Please let me know if you'd like the $150 up front.

If you learn the exact measurements of any that you pick up I'll deliver some customized tailed (box or dove depending on my mood at the time) storage boxes when I pick mine up.
No charge to HM members. If I'm making one box making, then three is not that much more difficult.
Please note boxes will not include hardware (hinges/latches) or wood stain or oil finish (I'll likely tung oil mine).
Likely made from 1/2inch maple.
Note, I will need exact size prior to building.

I'll be looking forward to a MN scraping class.

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Richard,
I too would take a 48" if you could pick one up for me. Let me know and I'll get you some cash.
That is a really good deal! Look at the list price for one of those guys...
Daryl, Sign me up for one of those boxes!

Thanks,

Tadd

That makes 3 boxes requested so far (+ one PM). Five were available.
I'll be modeling the boxes on a factory Starrett 199 wooden box.
Note, I'm not including hardware or stain/oils.

If Richard isn't able to transport, would a Mississippi Region HM member be willing/able to make a Milwaukee run and save a bunch on freight?
Hopefully, we can score enough MN Region interest to assemble a scraping class!
Perhaps even learn how to finish a "raw cast" level.
Hint....

Daryl
MN

Richard,
I too would take a 48" if you could pick one up for me. Let me know and I'll get you some cash.
That is a really good deal! Look at the list price for one of those guys...
Daryl, Sign me up for one of those boxes!

Thanks,

Tadd

Back