Need a Universal Dividing Head

BPence310

Registered
Registered
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a good universal dividing head for my BP series I. Anyone have any leads on one that won't break my bank? I see that Precision Matthews has a BS-2 for right at a grand (plus freight) but I was hoping someone here maybe has one or knows a cheaper option.

Somehow you'll have to couple the dividing head to the mill table's lead screw, no?

Check Oxtool. He made a helical milling setup in one of his videos. Way over my head, but it might be helpful.

Check Oxtool. He made a helical milling setup in one of his videos. Way over my head, but it might be helpful.
I like what he did. I think I'm going to do that myself. I already have several good servo motors and rotary encoders and arduinos. I think I'm just going to get the BS1 dividing head, use it to cut the gears I need, and cut some mounts for everything. Thanks for the lead on his his channel. I was searching like crazy and couldn't find anything about that.

There are several methods to make gears with electronic dividing. All these methods should do as well for spiral milling, if you couple the encoder with the spindle for thex axis. If you own a normal dividing head with a ratio from 1/36 to 1/120 you only change the handwheel for a stepper or servo motor driven with the electronic divider.

Back