need advice on Morgon lathe

I think the styling is early Taiwanese. Later ones are better looking. But that's just my opinion of the looks. .

I had a morgon lathe. the name on the front of the lathe was frejoth, the back name tag was morgon, mine was a 12" x 36" gear head. this one is a belt drive lathe. I had mine for about 3 years then went bigger. I had no problems with my lathe. it was very solid lathe. bill

The morgons were a race of alien beings from Star Trek weren't they?
lol

No one seems to have mentioned that it has a "Quick Change Gear Box", doesn't need change gears.

Make sure that the drawers under the lathe aren't full of tooling, or be sure to get it if they are.

Don't some lathes with QCGB's still have some change gears for metric threads and odd sizes? I have a set of taps and dies, so I can make the rough shape on the lathe then use those. Still, I want to know if this lathe originally came with any.

I had a morgon lathe. the name on the front of the lathe was frejoth, the back name tag was morgon, mine was a 12" x 36" gear head. this one is a belt drive lathe. I had mine for about 3 years then went bigger. I had no problems with my lathe. it was very solid lathe. bill

Frejoth, Acra and Morgon seem to be interchangable but I can't find much specific to them.

Sometimes, like my 1440 it's a gear change on the drive to switch to metric, which I believe that I don't possess...

Back