Need advice: what floor-standing drill press should I buy?

If you are looking for a step pulley, Jet's model J-2550 goes all the way down to 150 RPM

Here is the manual.

http://content.jettools.com/assets/manuals/354400_man_EN.pdf

No, that's not the case I failed to make myself clear. I do about 50/50 metal work and wood work. I came to this forum because I thought some of you might be helpful.

I'm probably missing something, but when you said "You mean other than this one?", I didn't see a reference to "the one" you're referring to. If you posted it, I apologize but I didn't see it. And.... in answer to your question, I would say "Yes, other that this one.". Reason being I'd like to know if there's a choice out there, or if "that one" is the only one in existence. Can you please provide a link to "the one" you mean?

Yeah, 47convertible posted a 17 and 20 inch Jet in post 9. I quoted his post and then commented. He did not provide a link. I linked to a J-2550 manual. If you open that manual there is a page that lists the specs to include the spindle speeds. We don't know if you are looking for a step pulley or a variable speed.

And yes, I am trying to be helpful. We can only help with the information you provide. I was joking hence the smiley. I assumed you had a sense of humor with the avatar you have.

Yeah, 47convertible posted a 17 and 20 inch Jet in post 9. I quoted his post and then commented. He did not provide a link. I linked to a J-2550 manual. If you open that manual there is a page that lists the specs to include the spindle speeds. We don't know if you are looking for a step pulley or a variable speed.

And yes, I am trying to be helpful. We can only help with the information you provide. I was joking hence the smiley. I assumed you had a sense of humor with the avatar you have.
Randy, thanks very much for that. Sorry if I seemed gruff, that was not my intention. I suspect I'll end up getting a J-2550! It looks like a great machine!

Randy, thanks very much for that. Sorry if I seemed gruff, that was not my intention. I suspect I'll end up getting a J-2550! It looks like a great machine!

No harm done. I think you are making a pretty good choice. Just make sure we get to see it. :encourage: We'll want a full review.

I know this post is 4 months old but did you find a drill press?
Aaron

Back