Need aLeadscrew for a Craftsman 101.27440

joebiplane

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a friend who needs to purchase a lead-screw for his 12" Craftsman ( NON TIMKEN) 101.27440. it has a 4" bed and QCGB.
If anyone has a tip on finding one please contact me joebiplane@comcast.net
Thanks,
Joe

Joe - Have you checked with Joe at Plaza Machinery? He's always getting new stuff in.

Have you talked to Steve (jumps4) about where he gets his from when he does CNC conversions. He gets some really nice omes with balls for a reasonable price and can get them whatever length you need. Hope this helps.
Bob

I bought a new lead screw last year for my 12" Craftsman directly from Claussing. I'd watched prices on Ebay for quite a while, and the prices there were almost as much as a new one. I figured with a new one, I wouldn't have to worry about getting one already half wore out...

If all else fails, you may consider giving them a call.

Corm

I have a friend who needs to purchase a lead-screw for his 12" Craftsman ( NON TIMKEN) 101.27440. it has a 4" bed and QCGB.
If anyone has a tip on finding one please contact me joebiplane@comcast.net
Thanks,
Joe

My mistake on this one Guys The Craftsman 12" is a 54" bed not a 4' as I stated earlier. I*was assuming when my friend said it was the " SAME AS MY LATHE"

Joe,

Did you ever find out what model and size lathe your friend has? I meant to point out the day before yesterday that there was an error in your description. 101.27440 is a 12X36 with Timken bearings, not babbit. It has a QCGB, a 3/4" dia. lead screw, and 3/8" thick ways. If you haven't yet ID'd it, I can write up a checkpoint list.

Robert D.

Back