Need an odd size hex nut made ...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Needing a 1"x 20 TPI hex nut for a piece of equipment I have. Have tried all the regular sources, i.e. McMaster, Fastenal, Grainger, and several specialty places with no luck. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a shot at making one for me? I would attempt it myself, but my lathe is half apart and waiting to be moved into the new building, and of course I need the piece of equipment the nut goes to to finish the shop space the machines will be going into. Happy to pay a reasonable amount + material & shipping. Thanks for your consideration, Mike

Let me check my stock when I get home good chance I have some.

Could be that they have the decimal point in the wrong place !

Thanks gentleman. Ordered 3ea of the castellated, and jamb nuts for a total shipped of $24.39. Considerably cheaper than the several hundred I was quoted from a specialty bolt place in Chicago for a one off. I got a few extras, as my temporary fix, which may include some welding that will later need to be removed for a more permanent fix at a later date. Cheers, Mike

Man I guess acouple too late. I ended up having some. I use them to secure a hub to hydraulic wheel motors. 1”-20 thread I have both castle and normal if you need. These are hardened at least grade nine. If you need them let me know their yours. 74BC2440-713A-41FF-AE8A-D4675E55F390.jpeg2B3805F3-5F8B-4514-A98E-911BEE597FC6.jpeg

Back