Need belt for Craftsman drill press

ARC-170

Jeff L.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have an old Craftsman drill press I need a belt for. Model 113.24630. The part number doesn't have enough numbers for the new parts site. I'd there a source for these? Should I just measure the belt length and width?
Thanks!

My old Craftsman uses a link belt.

20181022_234247.jpg

My V-belt is 3/16" wide and about 38.9" long.
Do they make link belts this width? Where do you get them?

When I searched based on the model number I got this:
**NEW** Replacement Rubber Belt 1978 16 ARGO Drill Press w/ 45 inch 3/16 top width V-Belt V Belt Drill Press
I'm pretty sure my belt is 38.9" and not 45. The description started it fits my model.

Take your belt to any auto parts store. They should have one that will fit.

I've slowly been replacing my drive belts with link belts. Just pick your width and install. In a year, take a link out to adjust for break-in. Done. They run great.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Haven’t heard of a 3/16” link belt ,

Quote:
I've slowly been replacing my drive belts with link belts. Just pick your width and install. In a year, take a link out to adjust for break-in. Done. They run great.
# # # # # # # # # # # #
I've been doing so also, on an "as needed" basis. My drill presses havent been changed yet, the pulleys are easily accessable for existing spare belts. I love the link belts where I have them, such as the Craftsman lathe (101.27440) and Atlas milling machine internal belt. Anything to avoid pulling the shaft... ...

I remeasured my belt. It is 45" long. I calculated wrong. My local auto parts store can order me one.

Back