Need help identifying this toolpost

Can you show how the clamping piston works? I would guess it is retracted in the pictures above. What does it look like when it is extended?

Craig
When one of the four hex nuts is rotated, the piston moves inward. They dont extend and also there is no ‘end stop’ if you keep turning it one way it will return to the normal position

Cool, an eccentric on the shaft of the hex then and each corner operates independently. Interesting.

-frank

KInda neat that it has separate clamping pistons for each side. Think about this. The piston wether it locks by moving inward, or outward (I'm voting on inward), it will force the whole height of the dovetails on the front edge, to lock together, giving a strong clamping force on the front edge. The rear end will just have the area of the piston, providing the clamping. Except for the challange of finding holders, I think I like the design.
they move inward indeed. nice explanation, i haven't thought about it that way but it make sense. cerntainly not a bad design

I had a similar but larger tool post with Schaeffer Tool Co embossed on the top.

And coincidentally located in Germantown, Wisconsin as well...

-f

Back