Need help on antenna connection

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
OK guys bought this antenna for my game cams. Thought it was going to come with a sma plug connection but it has something else. Can someone id this connection. What type of adapter do I buy so that this antenna will fit on my sma plug.
image.aspx.png

When I bought it the ad said rp-sma

I was born and raised in Bakersfield, moved out of Calif. a long time ago to really great place. When I was real young lived in the
government Camp out by Weedpatch. Started picking cotton in the 3rd grade.

Could we see it at, maybe, a 30 or 45 degree angle with something near it to judge the size. Could be a high-voltage BNC. Just can't say from this angle

well it sure looks like the RP-TNC. I found a female of this to SMA on ebay. So I think I got it...........will know in about a week. I want to thank all that replied and helped me........Thanks folks. We don't have a radio shack within 200 miles so you guys really helped me out.

The rp-tnc connector worked, thank all of you who replied, what a fantastic site

Yeah, it is a reverse polarity TNC plug. Unfortunately, the FCC mandated that all 802.11 transmitting devices had to be limited in coverage, which usually meant an internal antenna, or a compliant OEM external antenna. But thankfully, there is this newfangled thing called the internet, which has all kinds of goodies, like RP to "normal polarity" adapters, cables, etc! Legally, an owner of an 802.11 transmitting device CANNOT change the antenna to something other than the useless piece of crap provided by the manufacturer, but "hey" who HASN'T done that!

Back