Need Help Rebuilding or Scraping your Machine ? Please Ask

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
Former Member
Hello everyone,

With Help of Ken, I have been talking to Nelson and have rejoined the forum. Thank You Nelson for accepting me again as I truely missed the forum.

To all who don't know me. I am a Professional Machine Tool Rebuilder and am open to help anyone who has problems. At one time I was the Moderator of this forum, possibly the first one I think. I hope to contribute to this forum that I once was so addicted to and loved...lol
I hate to violate the rules and talk to much about myself. But I am well know all over the internet and world because I teach rebuilding and scraping around the world. In the past 2 years I have taught over 300 Hobbyists and non Hobbyist in the USA, Scandinavia, Germany and the UK. I want to say hello to all my old students and friends that are moderators and still members. In 30+ years teaching in my or 50 + years I have taught over 30,000 people the Lost Art of machine rebuilding and scraping In my I had to re-join as a "new Member " even though I am an Old Member. Please ask me any question on rebuilding if you have issues. I will read and help when I can. I will have to figure out the forum again to get around. :) Rich

Last edited:
Hi Rich. Looking forward to working with and learning from you at your class in Vacaville, Calif. at the end of March. With you joining this group again, maybe you can help get me going early. Thank you so much for all you do to mentor prospective machine tool re-conditioners.

Thanks Mark....

Looking for the place on how do donate $ or become a commercial member. can you give me a heads up please.

Hi Rich. Looking forward to working with and learning from you at your class in Vacaville, Calif. at the end of March. With you joining this group again, maybe you can help get me going early. Thank you so much for all you do to mentor prospective machine tool re-conditioners.

That should be a dandy class. Not sure I can mention the classes on here. That class was filled when you guys contacted me and it has a waiting list. I so love to teach the classes. I mentioned to someone on the other forum I contribute to that I was going to retire and I now am collecting SS I have been swamped..lol I should have retired 5 years ago. LOL. My wife and I bought a cabin in Northern WI last spring and I took last summer off and plan to do that again next summer. Thanks for the Welcome everyone, means a lot!

Welcome back.

"Billy G"
Hey Bill LTNT. I hear you have been feeling a bit under the weather. Get Well Soon. I have had some sort of flu for about a month after returned from the UK class. Went to the clinic and they said nothing was wrong.....now feeling better.... I am older and wiser Bill. No Hard Feelings ...shake..?

Appreciate the offer, just starting, was gifted a couple of lathes, going to need lots of help

Back