Need Help Rebuilding or Scraping your Machine ? Please Ask

We have a fellow coming to the VT class who's from up there. Maybe you can hitch a ride? You know I put my socks on like everyone else. I just got lucky learning what I know and Teach. Learned from my Dad and was able to work on so many machines. His Invention helps me still today. I see someone has a thread making one. I have been told by many its a real compliment when someone copies you or your tools. :)

Abomb and all those friends and folks on You Tube who take the time to share is going to save our industry. Make it Great Again I hope. Forums like this one and the others also help preserve the knowledge have been doing it too :)

Once I figure out how to post pictures I have some showing Abomb cooking a "Shrimp Boil" for lunch...he said it was mild, and my mouth was on fire...lol

I have played music all my life, got heavily into woodworking in my early twenties, and got heavily into machining 2 years ago, and been a contractor for the past 10 years. Nobody in my family has any talents anywhere close to the things I have done, thought myself everything.
This forum has been indispensable in my learning curve. I learn something we nearly everytime I come here. Which is everyday... Who are we kidding?
I would love to attend in VA, but my life wouldn't allow that time away from work and family.
I realize there is no alternative to teaching in person, but if you ever did instructional videos, I would buy them.

I have played music all my life, got heavily into woodworking in my early twenties, and got heavily into machining 2 years ago, and been a contractor for the past 10 years. Nobody in my family has any talents anywhere close to the things I have done, thought myself everything.
This forum has been indispensable in my learning curve. I learn something we nearly everytime I come here. Which is everyday... Who are we kidding?
I would love to attend in VA, but my life wouldn't allow that time away from work and family.
I realize there is no alternative to teaching in person, but if you ever did instructional videos, I would buy them.

I sell DVD and Thumb drive on how to hand and power scrape a small surface plate. I have recently switched up to digital recording. I also sell the famous Connelly Book and have a line of cast iron straight-edges. message me for more info.

I believe this is OK to tell you of I am reading this right. As a commercial account, Your rules state: "This allows you to describe your products on the forum, and answer questions about your products."

I have classes with openings:

February 16-20 Navasota TX at Steve Watkins shop - Private machine shop with "The Beast" a Rockford planner
March 12- 16 Rockford IL at Bourn & Koch Machine builders plant
April 25 - 30 Springfield VT at Gear Works - Host was an employee the Fellows company. One evening after class we get a private tour of The American Machine Museum in Windsor, VT
May 9 - 29 Oakland CA at private machine shop.

As stated above I have one coming up near Sacramento CA, but it is more then full. March 28 - April 2

If it's OK I can give details of my classes inside the forum but prefer to discuss $ off forum so I can keep track of things better. Plus hate to violate the rules. So how about asking me in private message and you can write or call me.

Ken or Administrator is this OK?

You are doing just fine, Richard, handling it perfectly in my estimation. We do not have many commercial members here, but the few that we do have handle things much the same way as you have been, freely discussing products and services and their availability, but taking the nitty gritty details off to a Private Message (Conversations as they are called in Xenforo) for discussion amongst yourself and your customers.

We have in the past had some commercial posts where one of our tool selling members (now retired) would post some specific products and prices, but would handle actual sales discussions outside of the forum, so it is not necessarily forbidden to post prices, especially if you happen to run a special on something.

Thanks for becoming a Commercial Member, as you all fill a special niche here at H-M.

That's pretty much the way I used to do it. I am glad the forum has that category. Thanks Terry....have to come to you next Upper Midwest get to gather and catch up.

That would be good. We haven't had one in a while, but who knows what the future holds?

Maybe next summer we can have one in Hayward WI at my cabin. I have plenty of space in the cabin, dock and land.....Is Daryl still around. I haven't talked to him since we helped the widow of the member from Duluth....I can't remember his name.

Hi Richard,
glad to have you back on the forum, it's been awhile.
i hope everything is going well.
Mike Walton

Back