Need help selecting slitting saw setup

That is the one that I do not want. Takes a lot of the surface area from the blade… that is what I meant from looking for something not that wide at the saw blade end
Then you're going to have to be more specific as to the diameter of the arbor hole in your slitting saw blade. When you have more information about intended use, you will get more specific recommendations.

You are unlikely to find an R8 slitting saw arbor with less that 1.25" head diameter unless you make one yourself. If you can live with a straight shank, there are all kinds of sizes and head diameters available, but you need to chuck it in an R8 collet or an ER collet chuck. Here are some that are available - pick your poison.

You are unlikely to find an R8 slitting saw arbor with less that 1.25" head diameter unless you make one yourself. If you can live with a straight shank, there are all kinds of sizes and head diameters available, but you need to chuck it in an R8 collet or an ER collet chuck. Here are some that are available - pick your poison.

I must admit that I have no idea what I am talking about…

I asked for an R8 slitting saw arbor…. When in fact, I meant a straight shank!!! Goodness… apologies…

I meant something along these lines

B50AE1C7-18DB-40A2-A97D-D8DC4F461FFE.jpeg
9D565428-0F39-4EF5-BE5B-D53818F474E3.jpeg

You might benefit by watching these two videos:

Great videos. First half of the first one gave me a lot of information. Second was more targeted to making my own. Not doing that. But what he made is exactly what I am looking for...

First application would be to cut a narrow slot for a clamp on the tailstock to mount the inexpensive tailstock DRO...

I bought a cheap Enco 3 piece set of arbors that has served me perfectly for more than 20 years now. As for saws there are so many types, thicknesses and diameters and arbor sizes. that you are much better off just buying as needed for a job at hand. No matter what you get it will be a bit to small in dia and/or a bit to thick for what you need at the moment and you will have to order one anyhow.

If I were to do it again, I would just make my own arbors, they are not rocket science.

One feature you want to watch for is how far the collar extends below the blade. A tall one can have clearance issues with your work piece or vice.

They are easy to make . You have to know what size bore is in the cutters first though . :)

You could probably make a holder in 10 minutes . ;) I just found a ship load down the basement , all specialty cutters . They do make R8 shank and straight shank holders . The issue with the R8s , the large nut on the bottom reduces clearance . Doesn't matter with a bigger blade .

I have seen a few... Blondihacks had one that I also watched...

I am just not ready to make my own.

I just found a brand new holder last night . It's for a 1" bore I believe . I have my BPs and don't need this one .

I just found a brand new holder last night . It's for a 1" bore I believe . I have my BPs and don't need this one .

Would be a good one for me to start with... I can then find smaller ones later. Private message sent.

I'll send you a pic in a while . Enjoying the snow falling with a coffee at the moment . Need any snow ?

I'll send you a pic in a while . Enjoying the snow falling with a coffee at the moment . Need any snow ?
:D I am good... 56°F here this morning... this is cold enough for me... but let me get some coffee...

Enjoy the view!

Ordered these...

Slitting Arbors.jpg

and with the one from Dave, I should be set...

Now to select a few saw blades...

Back