Need help this morning

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I can buy this machine for 775.00, there is a squeaking noise while the guy is talking toward the end of the video. I would buy it for the price no problem, but would you buy it for 1500.00 more for shipping. Here is a 7 min video if you don't mind taking a look, I told the guy I would make a decision this morning.

Nice saw!
I'm guessing that this saw is on the continent?
The squeak is no big deal.
I'd buy that in a heart beat!

Dang that's a good looking machine Can't help you much with your question though. I didn't hear any bad sounds maybe just the change in the camera location ?

I didn't look at the counter to see when it could be heard, but it's near the end with the front cabinet door open. Thank you for looking.

Heard the squeaks @ the end, maybe when he opened the blade pulley doors? Normal machine noise my opinion.
Enjoyed the guys tour of machine & shop and narration.
Kinda cringed when he stuck his fingers & hand into workings when running. Think I am also guilty of that.

I went Whoa too when he reached in, and with a long sleeve shirt. So is 2200.00 total worth it, it does not seem to have any problems other than the tachometer. Hawaii is unique in as much as everything has to be shipped, I don't remember, but my Grizzly mill was not this much but it was several years ago.

I don't know a lot about bandsaws but, they are fairly simple machines and it looks like it is in pretty good shape. Even with shipping you are under the price of the cheapest Grizzly vertical metal band saw, and I'm sure that thing is 10x the machine.

I'm sure you are used to the "shipping tax" in return for your surroundings.

I also cringed when he started reaching around the belts.

Just do it.

But make sure the insurance is closer to $7500 so if the shipping company botches it you can actually get a replacement.

Bandsaws make squeaky sounds, wear hearing protection.

John

He said it was making a wonky sound, and that is all I heard, I agree nothing atrocious.

I hear nothing abnormal, looks like a good machine; I'd guess that the tachometer is driven by what used to be called a speedometer cable (before electronic) and could be easily fixed. He talks about guide adjustment, there is a thin steel gage made by DoAll to do that task.

Back