3+4
5+6
7+8

In "REV", there is continuity between:

5+6
7+8
9+10
11+12

The capacitor is labeled 200-240UF, 125 VAC, which doesn't align exactly with any of the 9x20 lathe manuals I have. It has one wire to the switch; its other contact is connected to the red wire to the motor (#2 in the diagram above).

I almost forgot: all the terminals on the fwd side were strapped as shown in the grizzly diagram.

1, 5, 9 were strapped; also 3, 7, 11.

I took the metal straps out when attempting to wire this switch exactly the same as the original.

Should I put them back and re-do the continuity test?

Good to see you making progress.

When I have a problem like this I usually refer to YouTube. In this case Jeremy Fielding is the go-to man. Here's a start.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We're almost there- just as I thought: two pairs make in either direction. OK you want to follow the Grizzly manual for the power side: put the straps back across 1,5,9 and 3,7,11. Those are your AC in, black and white. (R and S in your original diagram)
For the motor side, strap 4 to 10, and 2 to 12. Connect motor U and V to 8 and 6. Connect motor 5 to 4,10 and motor 6 to 2,12. That should work.
mark
ps if motor direction is backwards from the switch lever swap either U and V or 5 and 6

Last edited:
Thank you Mark! I will give that a try as soon as I can. Really appreciate your help!

I had the same problem with my Enco 9x20 Lathe, and I also order the switch from grizzly only to discovered the difference. Here's how my switch is wired.

I also made an adapter plate that I had 3D Printed to fit the grizzly switch to the lathe without needing to make any new holes.

-Nick

Lathe Switch 1.JPGLathe Switch 2.JPGLathe Switch 3.JPGLathe Switch Adapter.JPG

Thanks Nick! Appreciate the pics! The adapter is a good idea.

Mark, you are a genius. I wired it up like you explained and it works perfectly. THANKS!!!

Back