Need help wiring new motor.

Stefen

Registered
Registered
Hey guys I need helping wiring a new motor.

I wiring it for 110v clock wise (cw) until i get my new building up with 220v.

I understand that the brown, black, and orange go together and thats about it. I need to know where to add my power wire coming in (standard three wire black, white, ground) and my switch cable two wire (black and white).

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200505_011152.jpg
    20200505_011152.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Ok, your power wire coming in, the black will go to the black on your switch. The white wire from your switch will go to the blue wire of your motor. You have the brown, black, and orange together by themselves. Now the white, yellow, and red on the motor will be connected to the white wire of your incoming power cord.
The green ground wire of your power cord will connect to the ground connection (green) on your motor.
I hope this helps you out.

Hook your black (hot) wire to the switch, connect the other side of the switch to the blue wire in the motor. Connect your neutral (white) to the white, yellow, and red. Connect your green (ground) wire to the ground screw in the motor box.

I don't want to be the safety Nazi, but ...

Without knowing the size (full load amps) of the motor in question, the advice above could be dangerous. Is the switch rated for this load at 120 volts? The power lead? The wall outlet?

Maybe the OP is dealing with a 1/2 HP motor and everything is just fine. But he didn't say that and I don't think it is safe to assume.

Craig

That's a fair point, since most motors only allow running on 220V when they draw significant current otherwise. Best to check so you know what your wiring will be putting up with.

Ok, your power wire coming in, the black will go to the black on your switch. The white wire from your switch will go to the blue wire of your motor. You have the brown, black, and orange together by themselves. Now the white, yellow, and red on the motor will be connected to the white wire of your incoming power cord.
The green ground wire of your power cord will connect to the ground connection (green) on your motor.
I hope this helps you out.
This is possibly incorrect, it assumes it is a single pole switch it could be double pole.
Op please post some pictures of the switch and motor for ratings?

This is possibly incorrect, it assumes it is a single pole switch it could be double pole.
Op please post some pictures of the switch and motor for ratings?
The OP stated that the switch had two wires, black and white. How can it be more than SPST with only two wires?
Read the original post

The OP stated that the switch had two wires, black and white. How can it be more than SPST with only two wires?
Read the original post
Because a white wire shouldn't be used as a hot leg, yes I know it could work, but it isn't correct, even as a switch leg. Therefore I think maybe something else may be going on.

Often a piece of cable with black and white leads will be used to run out to a switch. The electrons don't care about the colors :cupcake:
-M

Back