Need help with inserts

I mean like for generic turning capabilities steel stainless aluminum any of the sort.
That's why I listed an assortment , to let you find out what you liked . ;)

Well if anything id take like 2 of each shown then. Lol not sure what i would need yet. I know the one i have looks pretty narly. @mmcmdl

David P. Best's book is good for referencing these things. I did a quick search for letter designations for types of material a bit is used for. I never got the correct search term. The chart is in David's book....
Below, from another posting. I have just started reading Best's book. I have quite a selection of inserts salvaged from my father's shop when it closed, but without the associated toolholders and I have an assortment of toolholders with a solo inserts in QCTP holders that came with my Monarch 10EE (photo below). I've been trying to sort all these out, with little success. I think Best's book is going to help immensely, but I'm not home again until after the holiday.
Congratulations Mr. Best.....
David P Best's Introduction to indexable tooling has had a 2nd publication, and has a new Amazon link in case anyone needs it.

Attachments

• 10EE Insert Tooling 05-25-17.JPG
    10EE Insert Tooling 05-25-17.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 41
Back