Need help with Jet BD-1325R lathe Catalog number 321366

astjp2

Active User
Registered
Greetings all, I am lucky enough to have purchased a clean Jet lathe from a co-worker who's father owned it for the last 30 or so years. It had minimal use and I am excited to get it set up in the garage. Unfortunately the original manual is missing and I have not found a source online. I am hoping that I the collet closer I picked up a few years ago will fit it. If so I think I will spend the money on a full 1/64" collet set.

So if anyone has a link to a manual or any information on this lathe, I would greatly appreciate it. Tim

Yes, I can afford it, but I was hoping someone would have one they could share. I got it in the garage and the table anchored to the wall. Now I need to figure out if its wired for 220 or 110. The previous owner used an oddball plug so I need to check the wiring and verify. I also need to get the QCTP t nut machined to fit the compound rest. Then I can start making a few things. Tim

So the owner found the original documentation, it was purchased in 1982, and its funny, the original manual that came with the machine was the wrong one. So I downloaded the Ozark woodworking manual, which is correct. Now I need to get a MT5 to 5c adapter and then get someone to shorten my 5c collet closer draw bar to the correct length when I get the spline adapter in from Jet.

My next major project will also include me having to put in 220 power into the garage, I dont like the idea of having to bury conduit but I wont have much choice in the matter.

TimIMG_0021.jpgIMG_0025.jpg

I now need to find a set of metric transposing gears and a few other parts that were not found at the original owners home. It looks like Grizzly and about 10 other companies imported this lathe. Anyone have a MT5 to 5c adapter they are willing to sell? Tim

So I got a T-nut made for the QCTP, I just need to drill it and then I can work on getting a collet closer and DRO...Oh and 220 power in the garage!

IMG_0183.jpg

There was a 15% off on ebay so I bought this today, now I just need some collets and a DRO for this jet lathe...
collet.jpg

Ok, so my draw tube is too short for the one on ebay, I have another one that is longer, so how do I measure and get it cut and threaded so it actually works? This is a new one for me. Thanks, Tim

Well I have the QCTP mounted and I have collets now and I drilled the holes for the collet closer on this lathe. I still need to tap the holes to mount the lever closer and I have most of at Newall DRO. I was looking at how the gibs for the crossfeed are installed, it will be a little harder to install since the gib is in the way. I was also able to find out that the Grizzly G9249 lathe is the same one so I will use them to get the missing parts like the follow and steady rests. This lathe will be really nice and I will not be in it too much considering I will have collets and a high quality DRO. Maybe I can play with some gun smithing once I learn how to bore and thread again...I still have to find an affordable 4 jaw, faceplate and get a Newall Microsyn scale.

Back