Need Help With Small Gear Repair. Tfs Fs 450ah Same As Emco Compact 8 & Central Machinery 1679

What about getting a gear the same amount of teeth and size you need then have the old gear machined off, The new one machined to fit the shaft left, Then press on and silver solder or braze it to hold it. But what is the gear it runs against like are the teeth damaged on it at all. Does not look like it should be putting that much stress on them to break them off.

I just purchase the emco maximal 7 apron of eBay for $80 in the above photo. seller wouldn't sell just pinion gear. not sure if it will fit. seller wouldn't give me dimensions. I just took a chance. gears look identical with same teeth counts. Ill let you'll know how it works out when it gets here. Also I just learned today that my lathe is also similar to the central machinery model 1679. anyone with manual to emco compact 8 or central machinery 1679. I would really appreciate a copy.

any suggestion on oil for the way and oil or grease for the gears. looking something easily accessible and not expensive.

anyone with manual to emco compact 8 or central machinery 1679. I would really appreciate a copy.

I googled on "Emco Lathe" and found Emco World. Did you try their customer Service Dept or Parts Dept?

We should be able to find you a free manual. But they may be willing to send you a digital.

Daryl
MN

Warning: I started looking for a free download. Came up with many fee manual options.
Most of them look potentially dangerous to your computer, be wary of downloading from unknown sources.

Daryl
MN

any suggestion on oil for the way and oil or grease for the gears. looking something easily accessible and not expensive.
"way" oil is the obvious choice for "ways", i think its called dracula or similar. . . . in a quart bottle, then open gear lube in a rattle can for the gearing. . . probably last you a lifetime. . .

Chainsaw bar oil works just as well, and can be sourced locally.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

I used chainsaw bar oil for years till I finally broke down and bought a pail of actual way oil. The Hardinge called for and required 20 wt oil, heavier would lock it up solid.

Greg

Back