Need Lathe Stand

RegisG

Registered
Registered
Was ready to pull the trigger on a Grizzly G0602 lathe today and they do not have a stand. Won't have one until end of May, maybe(?).
I even checked with Precision Mathews and they won't have PM1030 for 3 weeks (maybe??) and they are not getting stands on that shipment.

Soooo, does anyone know a source for a stand (prefer side cabinets) for this size machine. The Grizzly stand for this machine Measures 50"L x 15"W x 29"H.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any possibilities near Nashville?

Thanks,
Regis

Was ready to pull the trigger on a Grizzly G0602 lathe today and they do not have a stand. Won't have one until end of May, maybe(?).
I even checked with Precision Mathews and they won't have PM1030 for 3 weeks (maybe??) and they are not getting stands on that shipment.

Soooo, does anyone know a source for a stand (prefer side cabinets) for this size machine. The Grizzly stand for this machine Measures 50"L x 15"W x 29"H.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any possibilities near Nashville?

Thanks,
Regis

Try other sellers such as Bolton or Wholesale Tool. Amazon also lists several pages of lathe stands that may work for you.

Or you could make your own with the features you want. Lot's of threads on this forum.

Tom S.

If you have the skills and equipment you can always make one yourself. You can incorporate more storage for tooling that way, and get it the height you want to fit you.

If you haven't pulled the trigger on the lathe yet the Precision Mathews one has power cross feed and power feed in addition to the half nuts. Can seem like a subtle difference but the half nuts can be expensive if you wear them out using them to power feed all the time.

Custom bench can be good for a lathe, I saw an amazing one someone had done hear where they had included a mid box from a roll cab as the draws , looked very nice.

Stuart

Custom made cabinets are great as stated in this thread. Bought the cabinets (support stands) with my Enco, no shelving and they are open on the bottom. Overcame this by making wood shelves that could be assembled inside the steel cabinets.
Have a good day!
Ray

Thanks for all the tips. I don't want to build a wood stand (leveling & size). I would get a PM1030 if they had them in stock.
Did find stand on amazon...
Thanks again.,
Regis

The stand that I bought with my g0602 had to be modified, hard to level without tying the two stands together with a bottom frame. I have seen these mods on this site.
dhj.

If you were in my area I would make you a killer deal on my extra stand as I have no use for it since my new one is completed. As mentioned above you could also make your own, that way you can include extra storage in the design. Here's mine as an example.

lathe setup6.JPG

If you were in my area I would make you a killer deal on my extra stand as I have no use for it since my new one is completed. As mentioned above you could also make your own, that way you can include extra storage in the design. Here's mine as an example.

View attachment 126329
Beautiful work. Do you have drawings or pictures of how you made this stand?

Back