Need scales for a Sargon DRO

KellyShane

Registered
Registered
My Bridgeport came with a Sargon 652 2-axis DRO and 4 wire scales mounted. The DRO lights up and works fine however both the x and y scales are faulty. Occasionally they register movement but not accurately.
Are there aftermarket scales available?
TIA

From what I see here, it would appear the new owner of the Sargon name noe it's dated 2014) is selling 5 wire Chinese glass scales as a replacement. It also appears that the original scales were 10um resolution, not very good by today;s standards. At roughly $80 per scale just to experiment with, it may well be better to just buy a complete new system. $300 or so for a 3-axis on eBay.

Agree with RandyWilson, there are a couple of eBay vendors that will configure glass scales to whatever DRO you have (search eBay and Sargon and include description). But at $200+/scale it just doesn't pay unless you have to keep your current display. You can get a new 2 or 3 axis with glass scales for $200-250, or with magnetic scales and a graphical display (Ditron, Easson 12B/C) for $500-600. There are a lot of reliability issues with the older displays, and when they start to go, it is less expensive to replace it with an updated DRO/scales.

Thanks for the replies.
I think I'll go ahead and buy a new DRO with new scales.
Is anyone interested in a Sargon 652A?

Back