Need t-nut milled

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Hey all!
So I just got the lathe....cut the t-nut on the basic facing cut but I cannot figure out how to cut the nut without causing a collision for the stepped part of the operation. Probably need to do more basic stuff to learn this a bit more. Anyway, I know I haven't been here long but was hoping I could get someone to mill the step into this t-nut for me.
Thank you kindly!

Do you have a milling attachment (or milling machine better yet)?
mark

Mill is next...maybe within a month or two, I was unaware of milling attachment for a lathe...or do you.mean a lathe/mill combo? Still, no mill either way...hence the "can you make something for me" thread...

Hey all!
So I just got the lathe....cut the t-nut on the basic facing cut but I cannot figure out how to cut the nut without causing a collision for the stepped part of the operation. Probably need to do more basic stuff to learn this a bit more. Anyway, I know I haven't been here long but was hoping I could get someone to mill the step into this t-nut for me.
Thank you kindly!

You can make a nut on the lathe. Turn the boss and flange and tap your threaded hole. Remove the nut and cut the sides to fit your T slot.
Lathe Nut.JPG

Yup. I tried different jaw positions and spacing it out away from chuck, can't really find a way without a collision happening, either tool hitting jaws, compound hitting chuck etc...

Hey all!
Thank you kindly!

I have a better suggestion. Measure the dimension of the that you need the T Nut made at. PM me with the dimensions or better yet make a sketch of the t nut with the dimensions. When I get home Sat I’ll check and see if I have a suitable piece of stock and just make one. That way I only have one way postage in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tee nut as in the one for the tool post? Assume you are changing to a QCTP? I've been researching as I pick up my new to me G0752 in a few days. I see guys that just drilled and tapped the existing nut to accept the new stud for the QCTP. Is that a possibility?

Thanks JD and to all with the pointing out what the nut looks like made on mill. I am aware of the final.product, but the pathway isn't so clear... I have literally ran this lathe for 1/2 hour. If there was more clearance on this job, that be great, but free styling this early in the game is risky...I can see it.

Tee nut as in the one for the tool post? Assume you are changing to a QCTP? I've been researching as I pick up my new to me G0752 in a few days. I see guys that just drilled and tapped the existing nut to accept the new stud for the QCTP. Is that a possibility?
it is an option, if there isn't another answer, I can go this route.

Back