Need t-nut milled

If I were making the nut on the lathe, I would turn the boss and drill and tap the hole for the stud. Then I would flip the part in the lathe either using the stud as a mandrel or mounting the boss in the chick . Then I would turn and face the flange to dimension. Finally remove the nut and cut the flats with a hack saw or band saw and file to fit the compound T slot.

The height of the boss must be less than the the thickness of the upper wall of the T slot and the height of the flange must be less than the lower wall of the T slot , The diameter of the boss has to fit the T slot as do the distance across the flat but nothing is really critical.

RJ, thanks for more of a process layout, that helps. Is it completely stupid that I really want a rectangular one and not a rounded one? I mean support strength isn't a huge issue i know....I just think it would be day and night keeping chips and crud out of there if there was no open space for it to get there. I guess I gotta.do whatever works at the end of the day. though JD's offer is very tempting...I'll have to see what stock o have laying around.

Working through it, I'll let you all know if the final product flys! If not I'll tap my stock one, but I very much appreciate the offers, super helpful!

Thanks everybody!

2018-07-26_19-49-15_513.jpg

Now when you finally get your mill or milling attachment, you can make others as you wanted but That one should work fine from the looks of it.

I'm finding myself calibrating, adjusting, leveling, massaging twist out. It's a full time job! I need to just spend 8 hours getting everything right and then making stuff. I adjust one thing, work on a project then come back and work on perfecting another adjustment...just endless.

Back