Need Vise transported from Minneapolis to Maryland

I'm not planning on heading out your way any time soon.

But I'd be open to picking it up // shipping it your way.

Especially if you sweetened the deal up a bit by tossing in a 6-pack. :)

I've shipped a few big/heavy vises across the country this year. Heaviest was about 100#. Definitely want a little wood crate made up for something like that.

Drop me a line.

It is the Craftsman 05198 5" swivel vise weighing in at just under 100 pounds. However, the seller just sold it locally. But he did give me a lead on a similar one not too far from him. I am now waiting on the details on that one. The search continues.
1667934251781.png

I'm not planning on heading out your way any time soon.

But I'd be open to picking it up // shipping it your way.

Especially if you sweetened the deal up a bit by tossing in a 6-pack. :)

I've shipped a few big/heavy vises across the country this year. Heaviest was about 100#. Definitely want a little wood crate made up for something like that.

Drop me a line.
I missed the big one. Thanks for the offer. If my lead pans out on the other one I will send you a PM,
Thanks again,
Danny

It is the Craftsman 05198 5" swivel vise weighing in at just under 100 pounds. However, the seller just sold it locally. But he did give me a lead on a similar one not too far from him. I am now waiting on the details on that one. The search continues.
View attachment 426015

Nice!! I found a 05196 4” that I need to refurbish. They are some stout vises and Uber cool looking. Rare to boot. Hope you can get it home.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The vise is about 70 years old and somewhat rare. I have been searching for this one for many months and only the second example I have seen available. The first was in Idaho and was in poor shape plus out of my price range. Even this one is at the top of the value range. I suppose its best I just surrender and hope one comes available closer to home in the future.
I'm a vise guy....have a website dedicated to them to prove it :) What model vise is it you're looking for? Edit, I somehow missed you were looking for a Craftsman 05198.

I've had literally hundreds of vintage, rare and collectible vises. I stopped counting and recording all of them at 300.

www.mivise.com

I'm a vise guy....have a website dedicated to them to prove it :) What model vise is it you're looking for? Edit, I somehow missed you were looking for a Craftsman 05198.

I've had literally hundreds of vintage, rare and collectible vises. I stopped counting and recording all of them at 300.

www.mivise.com
So what you're saying is you have a vise vice.

So what you're saying is you have a vise vice.
I sure do! I will say I sold most of the collection and now only have maybe ten. I switched to anvils...bought a hundred of them, sold most of those and started buying machinery. Out of the frying pan, and into the fire as it were...lol.

Back