Need ways ground and scraped for SB Heavy 10 rebuild ??

AJ

Registered
Registered
Looking for someone to grind and scrape the ways, head-stock, carriage and tail-stock for my SB Heavy 10 rebuild. Possibly induction harden the ways also.

Anyone ever respond to this ? I possibly have one myself to regrind if it's not too far gone .

Reactions: AJ
Anyone ever respond to this ? I possibly have one myself to regrind if it's not too far gone .
Unfortunately no but I do have a leed on someone to do it..I`ll sent it your way tomorrow,,,........(Mod, curious as to why this response needs approval ?)

Anyone know someone who can point me in the right direction ? I'd like to send the bed, carriage, headstock ect. out by the end of this year, 2019. I'm reality surprises the are no takers. Even someone who's looking to make some side money. I'm looking at getting into a scraping class so ya better hurry, lol..

I finally got rid of the Heavy 10 for parts AJ . I couldn't justify the $$$ they were asking to re-grind the bed alone .

Reactions: AJ
I finally got rid of the Heavy 10 for parts AJ . I couldn't justify the $$$ they were asking to re-grind the bed alone .

That`s a shame but I`m thinking of doing the same and just picking up PM1440GT or putting out $2500 for a nice Heavy 10 that`s in really good shape. I was starting to think about taking Richard Kings class if I could ? The Heavy 10 would be a great project for me but I`m getting a little impatient as usual, LOL..Wish I had known you were parting it out I could have used some parts.. There is what looks to be a really nice Heavy 10 on FeeBay for $3100 but I think it`s to much unless it`s like new ? Thanks replying to this post. PEACE

Back