Need wiring diagram for RP03 rotary phase converter

Sblack

Registered
Registered
I bought this several yrs ago and I must have list the wiring diagram. I suspect it us the same for all sizes of these phase converters. They are pretty simple. But I don’t want to screw it up! Or please just tell me what goes where. L1 and L2 would appear to be the 2 inputs from the panel but the rest? Thank you.
FD11DA17-357C-43CE-BA1E-077BFEB1B720.jpeg
AA2790B5-BB6E-4030-860C-4FB99A384609.jpeg

I would agree that the L1/ L2 are the input lines, ~220 VAC or so.
C A B should be the three-phase outputs.

And don't forget ground wires to the panel and to the motor/load.

L1 and L2 are the line connections
C , A, B are hooked up to the intended 3 phase motor

B will be the generated leg, it gets capacitor balancing.
don't hook leg B to control transformers.
the transformer will get the capacitor output, which is undesirable

L1 and L2 are the line connections
C , A, B are hooked up to the intended 3 phase motor

B will be the generated leg, it gets capacitor balancing.
don't hook leg B to control transformers.
the transformer will get the capacitor output, which is undesirable

thanks Mike. So the 3 phases from the motor go on to the output?

yes , sir
C, A ,B are hooked up to the motor.
if the motor runs in the reverse direction of what you desire, swap the wire leads between A and C

you are welcome anytime :grin:

Last edited:
I sit here in envy reading all the posts and threads about wiring and electrical things . I used to run a large RFC at the shop that my buddy hooked up for me . Hopefully in a few months I'll be moving on to getting these VFDs hooked up to the machines . I will not be attempting the hookups as it all looks like Chinese calculus to me . :rolleyes: I have a very talented ET in here at work that assures me " it's a piece of cake " . I have heard this many times before , but I don't like my cake when it comes to electricity . You guys sure keep me entertained with your projects ! :encourage:

I fried myself once. managed to get 220v across my chest. My hands locked closed And I sort of greyed out. It lasted several seconds and apparently I screamed like some sort of wild creature. Went to the ER, the whole bit. I was fine, and have been much more respectful ever since :). Sometimes it makes sense to be scared of something. If you have friends that will do this stuff for you by all means. Feed them and provide adult beverages (after the job is done)

Back