Need ½” x 24 tpi jam nuts

Chucketn

Toxic Lunatic & Psychotic
Registered
I have acquired a Delta Homecraft Benchgrinding/buffing arbor I'm cleaning up to use. It has 1/2” x 24 tpithreads. The arbor came with only 1 ea. RH and LH nuts. I havesearched Fastenall, but they don't list them. Original part #s areSBG-8 for RH and SBG-9 for left hand.
Anyone have a source for spares? Ormaybe a tap to make them. I can thread on my mini-lathe but wouldprefer to buy ready made.

Chuck

Guess it's make'em or do without, eh? I suppose it would be easier to make a new 1/2" shaft and thread 1/2" x 20 or 28... I have already made one with 7/16" x 20 tpi for some cup wheels I have. In fact, my lathe is still set up for that thread, I think.

chuck.

Off the top o'me head that's pipe thread, or a compression plumbing nut. There's no room for a regular full-sized nut, eh?

There's plenty of room, Splat. Just trying to use origional parts if possible. I don't want to trust just one nut on each side.

Chuck

As long as the spindles are mounted so that the rotating force is always tightening against the nut, one nut is perfectly safe. Hence the reason one is left handed and the other is right handed.

Good Luck!

I'm supposing that we've ruled out the possibility that this is Metric?

You may end up making some. Or one, and parting it off into two.

Tony, I have measureed the thread with a mic and thread gage. It's definitly 1/2" x 24 tpi. Also verified with the Delta manual for the arbor.

Delta part # SBG-8 for RH and SBG-9 for LH.

Chuck

Back