Need yalls opinions

killswitch505

Registered
Registered
How bad is it really? Came across a pretty interesting deal I'm probably in over my head.

IMG_6434.JPG

IMG_6435.JPG

Looks like a metal squirrel went digging for his nuts...

I've seen and used worse, my worry would be that messing up the table like that could be just the surface detail covering other neglect - it doesn't suggest that the user(s) took particular care of the machine generally.

How are the ways, still in good shape or scored, galled and pitted? does everything work (close to) as it should?

Dave H. (the other one)

It's not in your shop yet???

If you don't take it, I will!!!

Like Dave said, he has seen worse, so have I. It's still a functional precision mill.

Man I really would like to pick it up just scared I'm opening a can of worms

IMG_6441.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

IMG_6443.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

Looks good other than the table but so what.

What is the price?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I would take the table off and have it milled and ground as much as possible without affecting the structural stability of the T slots and then run it.

Two thousand i could probably get 1-1500 for current set up the table kind of scared me

2 K may be way too much but it depends on your local market and the rest of it.

You can use a dial indicator and mag mount to check the DRO as well as simple running all of the features.

As long as the table is flat the ugly holes are just ugly holes as long as you can fixture your work to the table.

If the marker is bare and within your budget and you can transport it then take a wad of 100 dollar bills and put 1/2 in car and 1/4 in a different pocket as nd after close inspection you want it offer the 1000 by holding out and asking.

You have the rest that you can be hard to get but hard cash usually gets it done.

2 K may be way too much but it depends on your local market and the rest of it.

You can use a dial indicator and mag mount to check the DRO as well as simple running all of the features.

As long as the table is flat the ugly holes are just ugly holes as long as you can fixture your work to the table.

If the marker is bare and within your budget and you can transport it then take a wad of 100 dollar bills and put 1/2 in car and 1/4 in a different pocket as nd after close inspection you want it offer the 1000 by holding out and asking.

You have the rest that you can be hard to get but hard cash usually gets it done.

This seem about par for the course around here and even what I'm seeing on eBay wish I lived in the north east!!!!

Back