Needed: USA Supplier of BA Hardware

Apostle10

Active User
Registered
I'm completing a Cunardia steam engine and need a couple dozen 8BAx1/4" and 8BAx1" steel bolts. Stuart Engines in England doesn't seem to offer the 8BAx1" so they may not be made. Anyway, I'm hoping to find a supplier here in the USA. Does anyone know of a source for such hardware?

Thanks,

Mike DiGirolamo
mike@w4xn.com
Charlottesville, VA

Not familiar with these bolts . Any more info ? OK , british . :)

Not familiar with these bolts . Any more info ? OK , british . :)
You're correct, British. Commonly used on Stuart Model Engines, etc. Picked this project up from someone who had it partially complete. Drilled and threaded for 8 BA hardware when I got it. BA hardware come is diameters from 1 BA to 10 BA and possibly more.

Mike

BA stands for British Association. BA was the standard for machine screws in Britain from the late 18th or early 19th Century until some time in the 1960's. I'm not so sure about other industries but the British Auto Industry (or at least Rover and Land Rover) had barely completed their changeover to UNF and UNC when the stupid politicians dreamed up British Leyland forced them to change again to the !@#$ metric thread system, easily the most poorly designed threaded fastener system ever imagined by the Human Race.

And sorry, but I don't know of any good US source for either BA or Whitworth (BSF or BW) fasteners.

BA stands for British Association. BA was the standard for machine screws in Britain from the late 18th or early 19th Century until some time in the 1960's. I'm not so sure about other industries but the British Auto Industry (or at least Rover and Land Rover) had barely completed their changeover to UNF and UNC when the stupid politicians dreamed up British Leyland forced them to change again to the !@#$ metric thread system, easily the most poorly designed threaded fastener system ever imagined by the Human Race.

And sorry, but I don't know of any good US source for either BA or Whitworth (BSF or BW) fasteners.

Cool Rant.. and I must say that, I agree :)

Mike, W4XN

Yeah, I really shouldn't rant on here. :oops:

Back