NEEDING MENTOR SOUTH SEATTLE

riversidedan

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
BEEN IN THE MODEL AIRPLANE HOBBY 50 YRS AND GOT BURNED OUT SO PICKED UP A MICRO LATHE YEAR AGO AND HAVE MADE SOME NEATSTUFF, ALSO SOLD SOME TO THE MODEL GUYS. Late last year got one of those asian 7x14 lathes that works "sometimes " but ofcourse has it problems:confused: .Recently picked up a HF mini mill so am learning what thats all about. meanwhile am wanting to expand knowledge and would like to get someone with lots of experience in the metal hobby, maybe a retired machinist?? Ok, if anyone here is in the south sound area and has time gimme a shout. Im in the puyallup /tacoma area and am retired with time on my hands...........

@riversidedan do you want to be put on the map? If so, take a look at the rules and send me your info via PM.

There is a fellow I know who lives in Bremerton across the Puget Sound who has been writing on the forums for years. He is 80 this year. He might help if you go to his shop or he may know someone in your area who can help at your shop. PM me and I'll give you his email

There is a fellow I know who lives in Bremerton across the Puget Sound who has been writing on the forums for years. He is 80 this year. He might help if you go to his shop or he may know someone in your area who can help at your shop. PM me and I'll give you his email
bremerton is a bit far but he might know someone in the tacoma area.............

Call some local machine shops and ask them if they know a retired machinist who could help you. Or sign up for a local technical school or watch a lot of You Tube shows

Okay, Okay, I'm probably closest.
So Pm me contact info and I'll explain.
I'm not very mobile for curious reasons.
However, I'm available all hours of the day.
I'll do what I can.

Back