Needing to tool up, looking at comparisons.

Well I'm super confused now with the back ground what equipment have you used? Why wouldn't you want to stick with what you know? Have you checked with the Colorado school of trades to see if they have anything they are willing to part with? Maybe some of you former instructors?
I actually considered getting what it is I know. I used an ACER lathe and a Bridgeport mill in school. I was looking for others' input on quality comparison. Ive worked on machines (including precision grinders grinding chromed parts for Caterpillar and Cummins, but thats another story), but Ive never been tasked with buying them. Thats more what these threads Ive posted thus far have been about.

When its all said and done, I really do appreciate the input from those who would like to help. Sometimes I assume people are being sarcastic or something along those lines because lets face it, on most forums, people are jackholes. lol

It seems Taiwan is the way to go now. This seems to have the whole package.

I have to agree, some of the top end PM machines are made in Taiwan, as was my machine. I am led to believe that the PM machines come from the Liang Dei Factory and apart from some cosmetic differences are the same machines. The specs certainly read the same.

Anyway whatever you do happy hunting and machining.

Back