needlessly complicated lathe conversion to DC

H

Hukshawn

Forum Guest
Register Today
I had converted my lathe to a dc motor a little while ago and had various threads while i sorted out and gained knowledge.
it had been a hob-cobble. ive decided to set it all up properly and with push buttons.
ill chronicle that here.

So far I have the components I'm going to use mounted on a panel in a good sized enclosure. I'm using a 1" teck casing as my raceway.
I also have most of the operator panel setup. Just missing the 5k pot. Still trying to source a proper 30mm push button enclosure style pot rather than just throwing in a panel/through hole style pot.
IMG_20180127_001054.jpg
IMG_20180127_001059.jpg
IMG_20180127_001126.jpg

Looks like it will come together nicely , good work

Thanks!
I'm sitting at my work bench on a newly acquired (olllld and broken) bar stool from the bathroom renos were doing at a local bar right now.

It's making my back hurts from slouching over this box while I sling wires around. Lol.

Well, get up and walk over to the box and get yourself a beer, then stand at your bench and admire your hard work. The back will thank you.

Aooohhhhhhh... I don't have any beer right now. There's a bottle in the freezer, but I don't feel like getting sloppy at 1:22 in the morning. I have to work tomorrow. Lol.

Back