New 12z Owner Here

No you didn't mention it. And actually I don't have any ase certs I always worked in dealers before this job so I got factory certs instead. Now I work in fleet maintenance for a private company so it's not required.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I was told it couldn't be done, so I took all of the tests for the basic ASE certs at one time. Passed them all. :)

Last dealer I worked at carried Mercedes, Land Rover, and Porsche. My stainless tool boxes and work benches were built into the wall. Compressed air, oil, and water hoses came down from the ceiling between my two lifts. Brick floors that we had to scrub every week. The owner had a lot of money in that dealership. :eek:

But twisting wrenches is a young mans game.

Yeah that's bs, at least it is these days. Ase anymore is for independent repair shops so customers will feel comfortable there all the manufacturers have their own training programs some will even send you to fancy schools like wyo tech etc for free. Then have you sign a contract stating they basically own you for 5 yrs.

This is a couple pictures of some other equipment in my home shop. Jd2 model 32 hydro tubing bender9e573883c8ed3db3e24b629627ccfccf.jpg0300f7636e4cad7010aea7ad67ef4b98.jpg3d595c6f6c91d31de1967bd9b936fd05.jpg3f126664db6f815b5802fbe97e44ef91.jpg16e855fc182e56b62a99385af5585463.jpg

The base of the stand is also custom built, it is 1" square tube welded with casters and 1/2" bolts coming up to level the upper portion of the stand it is hydraulic so all bending forces are contained in the frame of the bender. This lets me have it mobile so i can pull it out in the driveway bend a tube, then put it away in the corner instead of bolting to the floor in a fixed location.

Last edited:
Where were you when I needed a roll cage for my RX-7? ;)

Mid to late '90s is when I raced Solo-I.

Yeah I believe I was in elementary or middle school then. Back in the days of flux core mig welders electrical conduit and goped motorized go karts.
Too many ideas too stupid to know better. As a kid I put a 5hp briggs on a big wheel scooter from wal mart. The sprocket mount was an old skill saw blade welded to a driveshaft. Yeah I shoulda died a few times..

Yea OK, so I'm old. :p

I told you about the go-cart with the Honda 450 twin and no brakes. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to still be here... :eek:

Haha yeah I plan to build something similar but with brakes. Have to buy a garage and chassis table first

Back