New 12z Owner Here

I took the chart to show an optional 3600(3450) rpm single phase 220 motor. It shows speeds for each gear and if it was belt driven I assumed there would be no gears.

It could be speeds for the 3 phase vfd motor with gearbox, Belt drive setups lose the whole faceplate anyway. Ill take a closer look when it gets here

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

It's speeds for the 3hp motor and gearbox combo. Mine looked the same. Once you go to the belt drive, you throw those charts away (literally).

Nice addition of the quill scale.

Nice mill there young man. Hard to believe mine looked like that when I first got it. I'm hoping to hear that my conversion kit has shipped this week as well.

It's almost here.... :)

Just got off the phone with the shipping company they said everything will be here next wednesday. Hope you don't mind Bill, I mentioned to Paul I stopped by to look at your machine and plan to get that 3hp vfd and belt drive setup in the near future. He still hasn't hinted or let on any of the (extras) he mentioned he would toss in for making me wait 3 months.. Its like looking at the giant Christmas present with your name on it, and not being allowed to even shake the box before the day comes...

<Dana Carvey as Grumpy Old Man voice> When I way a boy, we always waited for three months to get our machines, and we didn't get no fancy extras! That's the way it was, and we liked it! :congratulate:

upload_2015-12-9_10-47-33.png

<Dana Carvey as Grumpy Old Man voice> When I way a boy, we always waited for three months to get our machines, and we didn't get no fancy extras! That's the way it was, and we liked it! :congratulate:
Hey I didn't ask for anything, he just mentioned he would toss in a couple freebies for the inconvenience of waiting 3 months for the machine. I'll be plenty happy with just getting the mill. But surprises are always good! And even if he doesn't toss in any extras ill be plenty happy with just getting the mill. Ive had 3 months to conjure up ideas and projects for it. Time to get to work!

I'm just working on my apprenticeship to be a cantankerous old man.

Actually, when I bought mine, I was too impatient to wait the three months. Paul had one that had a bad spot on one of the ways repaired that he gave me a break on. Never have found the spot that was repaired.

I found that the dispos-oil 12 qt container will sit perfectly on the saddle when you run the table all the way forward. It lines up right under the drain port (assuming that didn't move). Didn't even need a funnel.
upload_2015-12-9_12-10-23.png

FYI, I just heard from Paul: The paint is drying on my modified parts, everything else is boxed up, and it will ship tomorrow. :D

The 3hp/VFD and belt-drive upgrade is like night and day different. I think you'll like it. :rolleyes:

FYI, I just heard from Paul: The paint is drying on my modified parts, everything else is boxed up, and it will ship tomorrow. :D

The 3hp/VFD and belt-drive upgrade is like night and day different. I think you'll like it. :rolleyes:
Nice. Ill have to come back up after you get it installed. See how super smooth it is.

Back