New 12z Owner Here

Hey Bill, can you measure how thick the base of the mill is where it bolts to the stand?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Had to figure out what length bolts I need. Im working wednesday but I plan to pick up put the mill on the stand, and get it in the garage Wednesday night. So I need to be prepared.

Got some more work done today, the holes are drilled in the chip tray, and the access hole underneath the mill is cut.
For the access hole I used the plasma cutter then cleaned up with a grinding wheel, carbide burr, then hand filed smooth. After that I hit the whole thing with 120 grit paper and a da sander then cleaned with wax and grease remover. Paint goes on tomorrow, weather today prevented painting. 0dbd05926c0f700bb675d6360dfac25b.jpg5eda7b62f00d7ad757ee1e0c35988199.jpg
The square tube was used as a guide for the carbide burr and grinder.

Nice! Wish I'd thought of cutting an access hole in my chip tray before I installed it. Wasn't fun today laying on my back and doing this upside down with a 4 1/2" angle grinder. It ain't pretty, but it's functional. :)

Yeah you can pretty much always expect mother nature to screw up everything here in Colorado. However I've spent 28 years spiting her. So even if there is 2' of snow on the ground it won't stop me from getting the mill home, un crated, and in place.

So is it strange to dream of hitting the lottery and calling Matt at QM and ordering one of everything? II have that dream about once a month, and figure I will continue until they throw the first shovel of dirt in.....:)

The bottom will be a hammered silver finish 009caf6c874b4ce188098622b46d15e7.jpge2795f38167a5de8cfd38a63d1872563.jpg it does a nice job hiding all the imperfections from hammering the steel into shape the inside will be a hammered black finish to help point out how dirty my chip tray will be.

The black looks great of on my tray. Even when full of chips. :)

Back