New 12z Owner Here

I did notice if you do plan to repaint my stand and chip tray match almost perfectly. I used VHT roll bar and chassis black from O'Riley's auto parts

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Yea, I like that chip tray. If I ever pull the mill off it's stand I may hire you to make me a new one. :D

Yea, I like that chip tray. If I ever pull the mill off it's stand I may hire you to make me a new one. :D
Honestly yours looks way better. And the hole is already cut now. If you really want to match I have some silver paint left over.

Oh, I forgot. It was a good thing I decided to tear the mill down because I discovered the Y-axis nut was slightly loose and already starting to tilt and wear funny.

So I would have been tearing the mill down anyway.

Ok I started the flush with wd40 copious amounts of black casting sand came out no way i can realistically flush clean table and saddle are coming off. Guess she will be getting an extremely in depth tune up before going into service.

Lost of cleaning and de burring done. Thank god for a parts washer! Saddle is back on! Y gib is in lead screw is alligned and tight buttery smooth now. 1b12d74e602f0d4844a088788b934829.jpg

Looking real good. Yea, a parts washer is on my 'required' list of things to get next year. Just received my little bench top blasting cabinet last week. Slowly getting there...

Back