New 30 Ton Shop Press

Brain Coral

Active User
Registered
I have been wanting to purchase a shop press for some time now, looking at Kijiji ads, flyers, etc. I began working on a 16" South Bend lathe recently, and decided that there would be lots of uses for one. I ended up waiting for the 30 ton Pro Point shop press at Princess Auto to go on sale and when it did, I bought it.

IMG_0443%20800x600_zpsmt6t6jwk.jpg

I am glad that I went with as big a press as I did, because I recently had to press the spindle out of the cone pulley on the lathe and had to exert 15 tons of pressure. I like the fact that this has a guage, so that you get a better feel for what is going on. This press also has the air over hydraulic feature, but my little compressor has a hard time keeping up. Maybe a large compressor for the shop will be in the cards for the upcoming year.

So far, I really like the press and realize that there was no way that I could have gone any further in my lathe restoration without it. I''l have to make a bunch of tooling for it next.

Cheers... :)

Brian

Nice. I use mine a lot more than I ever thought I would before I built it. Mike

I also got a 30T press on sale at Princess a few years ago to change wheel bearings in my old Audi. No gauge but pretty sure I used all 30T to get those out!! One of the most useful tools I've ever bought. Congrats on your purchase!

Nice looking press, Brian i like the black powder coating, a good shop press is a huge time saver and some jobs are impossible without it, save you old bearings and broken sockets, they make good peices to push with or agains. Congrats.

Yup a full pic would be nicer, how tall is it , air over hydraulic setup , table adjustment ,
Inquiring minds want to know :cool:

Back