New Atlas 10" Lathe!

Congrats on the great find. Even got a bunch of tooling that is rare to be included. Wouldn't mind just finding the MT Drill bit set.

Good to have friends that will help us on these adventures.

Even for a grand that would be a good deal. You almost never see a taper attachment and a steady rest included with an Atlas
Congrats
-Mark

I agree with the other comments. You got a bargain just on all of the major attachments. The lathe, which is probably shown on the nameplate as a QC54, could be considered as a freebie. When you get time, report the new acquisition including model and serial number in the long-running thread at the top of the Sticky area.

I would go with the others and say that the sun was shining on you, but the truth is you did the legwork and pulled off a 1000 mile haul to get it, so in my mind you earned every bit of that shoot-eatin grin that you should be wearing right now.

I'm with @larry4406 and the others. $530 including the trip? That is a bargain! I see there is a steady rest in there also, and most of us would take years to put together a collection of tailstock drills like that.

BTW - At HM, you might be allowed to use the phrase "followed me home", if not dragging a trailer, only once. :)

Wow, I just logged on to the forum to gloat and share some photos of the 10” Atlas lathe I picked up today. But there’s no comparison with the deal you got! Pretty rare to find all those accessories with the lathe! Nice score!

Back