New Bike Project - Yamaha Fz750 1985

i wish i could come to your shop and see your wonderful machines and motorcycles!
great stuff Micke!

Nice find on the 750. Looks like a well equipped shop too.

I usually only have 1 bike at a time (2010 Ducati Multistrada right now) but also use my shop often for maintenance and accessories.

Keep posting your work here.

This will probably be a long rolling project. The inspiration comes from this bike with the same color scheme and model year 1985. It is an attractive combination of racy look and classic bike. Even the outdated aquarium-shaped head light looks great.

The front wheel on my bike is now replaced with a 17" instead of 16" rim and with larger and floating brake discs. A polished SS 4-2-1 full exhaust is ordered.

yamaha fz750.jpg

The worn seat and cushion have been redone by a horse-saddle upholstery. The cost wast only 85 dollars with material. :)

DSC06171.JPG

New exhaust system in place. The rear support is a 6 mm thick flat bar, which is drilled, welded to the frame and painted.

DSC06184.JPG

DSC06183.JPG

Really looking good Micke, and a great job on the fairing repair. Mike

Thank you Mike.

The camera doesn't like fluorescent light so the red Yamaha color often shows as mat orange. I'll post some pictures from an upcoming a test ride. It will be warmer (+5 Deg C) and dry roads here this weekend.

DSC06188.JPG

Back