New California Law Bans Products Containing Brass

I wonder if CA true intentions are to ban ammunition, the rest is collateral damage so to speak. What a joke!

You may not be too far off:

From Kaleo Arms https://www.kaleoarms.com/pages/faqs

FAQs
Brass Questions:
Where do you ship? Why am I getting an error shipping to a California address?

California: In light of the passing of CA Proposition 63, we will continue to accept and ship orders with California billing and shipping addresses through Christmas 2017. This will allow for successful delivery before the seller portion of Prop 63 takes effect January 1, 2018.

I don't know about CA, but the European RoHS regulation has an exception for brass. There is also an exception for high-temperature leaded solder. I believe they were forced to make these exceptions because there was no suitable lead-free substitute for certain applications.

I have waited my whole life for California to slide in the ocean, you know California is just like a box of cereal - throw away the fruits and the nuts but you still have the Flakes.

Ok guys, I know I started this with my comment, but let's not get too carried away. Lets keep the comments nice!

There are several forum members here that live in Calif. and are good people, so it can't be too bad there. Of course I would love for them to move to Texas...

Yes, California will break away. But then the rest of the US will sink and California will be the only state left above water! With all the machine toys to ourselves on a nice retirement island.

I recently replaced the 35 year old faucets in my master bathroom and bought high end (at least high end for me) fittings from the same manufacturer. I was very disappointed when I found that the fittings were mostly plastic, without any brass. Response from the manufacturer was something to the effect; because of pending legislation in Calif. we no longer produce brass fixtures.
I agree that Grizzly must be misinterpreting the new law. I hope with some clarification from the state, they will reconsider and ship to you.

CA Prop 63 deals with control of firearms and ammunition . As I waded through the morass of text, I saw no specific reference to brass cases under the definition of ammunition. It may be that the term"cartridge" is being interpreted as including empty cartridge casings.

CA Prop 65 is actually quite old, going back to 1986. I saw no reference to brass on the latest list of almost 1000 prohibited chemicals as defined by Prop 65.

I suspect that Grizzly's legal beagles are just being super conservative

Back