New Car Day.

GreatOldOne

R'lyeh Engineering Works
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Picked up my new ride today. It’s a Hyundai Kona Electric. Yes. Powered by very angry pixies.

A33CA510-F222-4C1F-AB0E-32DEA22D1E22.jpeg1B141934-4208-4DC7-92D2-049044D3E963.jpegE6302B6B-DC4F-40D8-B726-B9D574EB84CA.jpeg

I’m pretty sure that she can do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs... she’s definitely got that instant electric acceleration & torque. Very “punch it, Chewie” if you catch my drift.

Don’t worry about the amount of juice it uses. All the electricity I put into her is generated from burning free range, ethically sourced & carbon neutral vegans. It’s not just green. It’s soylent green! ;)

Don’t worry about the amount of juice it uses. All the electricity I put into her is generated from burning free range, ethically sourced & carbon neutral vegans. It’s not just green. It’s soylent green! ;)

HAH! I love it! And I know just where I can use it too...

Picked up my new ride today. It’s a Hyundai Kona Electric. Yes. Powered by very angry pixies.

Ahh .. Congratulations GreatOldOne!
I do hope you were not influenced at all by my "Electric in 10 Years" thread earlier. :)

Nah, I ordered it back in February. Hyundai can’t build em fast enough to keep up with demand... that why I ended up waiting for 9 months for it. ;)

So we see its modestly or by default set to Eco mode @ 7 watts, how many other modes are there at what wattage draw? Percentage the Fun Factor goes up per watt? :laughing:

Nice! Have a couple in my town as well. Seeing more and more EVs just about every month. Mostly Teslas but more makes like the Chev Volt etc.

Back