New Charter Oak 12Z on the way

Well, I heard back from the vendor about my shop hoist. The manufacturer cannot/will not ship the missing pieces, so the vendor was asking me to ship the whole thing back to him for replacement with another one. Laudable, but the cheesy boxes this thing came in were utterly destroyed getting the thing here the first time. His comment was "any two boxes will do". For almost 150lbs. of metal. Wow.

So I checked Speedy Metals for some 2.5" square tubing and asked the vendor to cover material costs for me to fix this. He accepted, so now I get to finish my boom for my hoist. But I'll do it a bit better than the factory...

SO glad I had that 1T sitting on the other side of the garage...

Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the chip tray on El Hefe?
I just bought a 12z mill should be here late November early December they are out of stock right now. :( I already made a stand for it, Paul at CO sent me a dimensional print for the base of the machine to build off of. I just picked up some 16ga cold roll 48x36" today, I plan to make a chip tray for it in the next couple weeks just have to source a bending brake to use. If you had the option would you make the chip tray any larger? Or is it good how it is?

I'll get some dimensions tomorrow morning for you. I don't know where Littleton is (haven't been here long...) but if you want to see one up close to help better visualize you are more than welcome to come over.

EDIT: Just looked you up, your just south of Denver. Not too far, shop's a mess and the mill is covered in chips right now, but the offer still stands. :)

That would be awesome actually. Littleton is basically a suburb turned city in sw Denver.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow ill be in greeley with the gf for a dog show. She is a proffesional dog trainer, showing our (her) german shepherd, I doubt she will want to make an extra stop possibly one of the coming weekends would be better.

Whatever works for you. I'm home most weekends.

Awesome, I must say im getting pretty ansy to get her, ( mill) initially i was expecting it to come in next week ish. But shipping problems in china delayed things. I've been on pins and needles for a month. Been wanting my own mill for 10 yrs now since I graduated at warren tech.

Out of curiosity, what are the power requirements as far as amperage go for that beast? Even better if you knew difference between single phase vs, the 3 phase motor. I'll be wiring up a dedicated circuit for the mill while waiting for it to arrive.

I was told a 20 amp circuit would handle it, so I had a 30 amp put in. :)

Back