New Clausing 6913 - Gear box engagement lever fixed!!!!

Dhector

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hello. I'm new to the forum and new to lathes. Bought an atlas 3950( and everything I could find for it) and have been having a blast with it!!! I just purchased a clausing 6913 for 400.00. They wanted 300.00 but I figured it was worth more than that so I gave a little extra to them. "They wanted it to go to a good home and put a few bucks in the trust fund" A friend of mine passed away and it was his. I have very little experience with lathes and have some questions on it. I need a few more posts to put pictures out there so if I spam this thread a little bit I apologize in advance. I cant even plug it in yet, need to get my electrician over here to see what we have. Any pro's and cons you guys know of with this lathe? Once I get enough posts Ill put some pics out and see what you guys can tell me. Thank you.

DHector,

Write your reply in the field at the bottom of the thread, down to the point where you want a photo. Position the cursor where you want the first photo to appear, and click UPLOAD A FILE. Navigate (on your local machine) to the file and double click it. Repeat if necessary. Before you click the REPLY TO THREAD button to save your post, click on either the THUMBNAIL or the FULL SIZE buttons. Generally, use the THUMBNAIL choice if you have several photos or FULL SIZE for one or two. But there is no hard and fast rule.

After you have saved your message, you have AFAIK 24 hours during which you can edit it.

IMG_20170427_080132592.jpg IMG_20170427_080140093.jpg Not sure what these are or do. Any ideas? Good setup? Bad setup?

Thats a variable frequency drive I believe, so you can dial in any speed you want.
I see a taper attachment... You got a good machine.
Tear it down and rebuild it to learn how it works and clean it up.

IMG_20170427_085826665.jpg Not sure on what these are? Do they belong to this machine? Missing parts?

you should have 3 more jaws with that chuck.. it's a six jaw, and yes it's a good chuck

Back