New CNC Coming

This is my Syil X7 cutting a 3mm deep pocket in 316, 10mm 4 flute carbide roughing endmill, 1170rpm, 126 mm/min with 33% step over and very reasonable noise levels so there's plenty of room for pushing it faster.
The pocket is to accommodate a 125mm tall offcut from an 80mm square tombstone column which was shortened for some of my specific job requirements on the Syil X7, programmed at 80.02mm the pocket came out spot on size, the tombstone seated perfectly into the pocket with a few firm bumps from a soft faced hammer (picture).

I'm running Blaser Swisslube Synergy 735, my reasons for that are; it's oil free, it's ph neutral, it doesn't stink the shop up like conventional soluble oils and it has lower skin contact hazard than oil based coolant.

View attachment 80mmSqPocket3mmDeep.mp4

I got the 12k spindle, I believe the faster spindles are integral motor units which don't give much torque at lower revs and I still need good torque low down.

Last edited:
I added a separate high speed spindle to mine by making a mount on the left side of the head. It offsets the X axis by about - 2" but works great. I use an electric Kress spindle (now AMB).

Back