New DRO install

blue_luke

Registered
Registered
Hello all :)
I have a brand spanking new PM833 T and I am installing one of those generic Chinese DRO.
Now here is a question....
Is there a preferred 'way' to install the scales?
By this i mean if I take for example the 'Z'axis and I want to read it in ABSolute coordinates, should it read a positive value from bottom up, or from top down?
I can always reset the relative value to a Cartesian value but , in the case of the Z axis, should I get negative values as I climb up from the '0' point of origin or negative?
To get it one way or the other is a simple matter of screwing the scales the other way.
But all of a suden, this is where I get confused!!
Sincerely, Luc

I personally say, what every works for you.

On my DRO, it has the ability to change the directions on the DRO. If yours is the same, you can always change what direction is positive or negative after you have used it for a while, if so desired.

Last edited:
Hello DAT150, with modern electronics this would be child stuff to read a scale the other way around. I'll check in the 'Chinglish' manual if there is such a feature.
And as you said, I guess it's only a matter of whatever works... I guess adding or subtracting thousands becomes second nature in one's mind!
:)
Luc

Back