New Ellis 9400 Drill Press received.

I am getting ready to purchase and came across this post. One year + since you bought this machine - are you still happy with it?

Nice to see one well made , is it American made or off shore. Your going to love power feed . You'll find your drills will cut more even and with less wear.

At least it's built here and tested means ALOT. Have some good luck sure is a pretty one too. I own an older enco but it's not a big boy . And a big boy Rockwell I hope to get out and use . My old walker Turner bench top with ships wheel is kind of my favorite for quick holes . I have too many tools .

I received a "Golden Goose" chuck with my 9400 (add on with the order through Elite). Horrible chuck and it surely not ball bearing. Will not grip a 1/2" shank no matter how tight it is cranked from all three key positions. Ellis will not accept returns so beware if you are considering the "Golden Goose" - quack!

i just ordered the Ellis 9400 drill press. After many hours of research, i decided on it. Has not arrived yet. Did get the ball bearing chuck and 6 inch vice. Considered the 'milling table' but passed since i current have a PM 833 mill

If you guys like these drill presses, you’re gonna LOVE your Bridgeport.

I have a heavy duty Powermatic drill press that I rarely use, the mill being so much better.

Back