New EMCO Maximat V10 and Mystery Box of Accessories!

Ok, item number 1! The lovely tool post grinder.View attachment 365325
The wheel on this guy is in poor shape and I cant find a diamond dresser in all these drawers. Any suggestions or opinions on a diamond dresser I should buy?
And the receipt for said tool post grinder. That inflation % is brutal. $169 in 1971 = $1,100 today.Tool Post grinder reciept.jpg

Welcome Rich!
More pictures of everything please!
Pictures of the each drawers contents and more of the machine. We love helping identifying stuff!

Montague Harris, a old well known San Francisco Bay area machinery dealer, no longer in business, I think.

Welcome Rich!
Pictures of the each drawers contents and more of the machine. We love helping identifying stuff!
You asked for it, first mystery drawer.Drawer 1.jpg
A few items in here I think are obvious, but looking to you folks to correct me or fill in the blanks.

1) Dial indicator, the type I would mount in the mill collet to tram the head.
2) Another dial indicator but not sure what its main application is. The little vice is for mounting to a work piece?
3) Depth Gauge
4) ????
5) V-Blocks and Clamps
6) Adjustable machinist square?
7) ID gauges
8) ????
9) Adjustable Parallels?
10) Thread Gauges
11) Magnifying glass of course but for mounting into what?
12) ????
13) There is a bubble level on the back. Just a really fancy level?
14) ????

Welcome Rich!
Here is another mystery.
This block fits the ways of the lathe. I would have guessed it was for a depth stop for boring tools? But how the heck do you clamp it in place?
IMG_4782.jpg
IMG_4783.jpg

4 looks like an inside mic. 8 ball gauges, like telescopic but for smaller holes. 12 maybe a magnetic tray? 14 is a center finder as part of your combination square set. The block is maybe for setting tool height. Guessing you have a tool height gauge somewhere that sits on that block.

4 looks like an inside mic. 8 ball gauges, like telescopic but for smaller holes. 12 maybe a magnetic tray? 14 is a center finder as part of your combination square set. The block is maybe for setting tool height. Guessing you have a tool height gauge somewhere that sits on that block.
Ah, #4 then is just an inside mic for really big IDs?

Ah, #4 then is just an inside mic for really big IDs?
Looks adjustable like each spacer is ½” and it unscrews maybe. Little different adjustment style but assume there is a way to vary the length for a variety of bore sizes.

Back