New Group Created - California Machinists Group

get ahold of Bob Korves, he‘s the informal membership guy. He posts here under the psuedoname; Bob Korves

Welcome to the group, Paul. How is Paradise these days? I haven't had the chance to get up there for quite a while. Many of my fellow metalworkers got their facilities burned up.

Lots of building activity but the current materials and skilled labor situation is really making things tough. I'm living in a condo with a tiny garage I am slowly stuffing with tools and machinery in hopes of rebuilding my place when things calm down a bit more.With so many trees gone or coming down you can see forever ...It's very strange but it's home.

Lots of building activity but the current materials and skilled labor situation is really making things tough. I'm living in a condo with a tiny garage I am slowly stuffing with tools and machinery in hopes of rebuilding my place when things calm down a bit more.With so many trees gone or coming down you can see forever ...It's very strange but it's home.
Hi neighbor, I’m in oroville, don’t get on here much anymore but still play around in the shop a little.

Hello folks. Curt from Nevada City. Let me know if you’re passing through, there’s a wine or beer for you, your choice.

Hi neighbor, I’m in oroville, don’t get on here much anymore but still play around in the shop a little.
Hi there too....I don't get much chance to jump on this forum myself these days, staying busy with my little workspace making a mess.After a couple years of sitting on my thumbs after the fire I'm making up for lost time, or at least that's what it feels like.

Do we still have a California group? Would be game to have a meetup scheduled at some point!

Hi there too....I don't get much chance to jump on this forum myself these days, staying busy with my little workspace making a mess.After a couple years of sitting on my thumbs after the fire I'm making up for lost time, or at least that's what it feels like.
I just saw this post. Better late than never.
My wife and I lost our Paradise home and shop of 32 years as well.
We bought a home in Chico.
I hope you are doing well.
Jeff

Back